Donor Relations Intern
The Donor Relations Intern will provide support to the World Renew Donor Relations Team in Canada by completing research, organizing, and completing donor relations projects as assigned by supervisor and working with team members. This includes writing receipt thank you, make thank you phone calls to donors and creating a monthly newsletter for the planned giving program as well as other projects.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Learn and absorb:
- Learn a basic history and terminology of World Renew (what we do, who staff are, what roles staff play, what World Renew’s vision and mission are, etc.)
- Read promotional materials
- Visit World Renew website, Youtube channel, and social media
- Spend time in office and participate in office culture (prayer, chapel, breaks, etc.)
- Gain knowledge of and experience in the functions of donor relations and fundraising in a non-profit organization, including attending sub- and team meetings, and meeting regularly with communications staff for supervision
- Meet with key World Renew staff across team functions to gain a balanced perspective of what it takes to operate this ministry
Research, administration, and organization
- Assist with sending out a welcome package to new donors
- Research a system to track contact with new donors
- Research new and innovative ideas to acknowledge, engage and thank monthly donors regularly
- Research and implement idea to bump up monthly donor gifts
- Learn how to write thank you note on receipts for non-assigned donors
- Help with mailing for planned giving newsletters
- Perform other tasks as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good telephone etiquette, courteous presentation
- Professional, cooperative demeanor; flexible and adaptable team player
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Good writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills helpful
- Advanced computer skills in Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel)
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Attending a post-secondary institution with a major in fundraising, marketing/communications or international development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.