The World Renew Cambodia team seeks to continue developing their interpersonal and analytical skills in English. The skills will be used to represent and communicate achievements and proposals for attaining future goals.
- Program: Global Volunteer
- Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Type: Individual
- Length of opportunity: More than 12 Months
- Skillset needed: communications, Grant Writing and Research
The responsibilities could include, but would not be limited to, the following:
Grant Research and Writing:
- Coaching staff in the writing and strategy of grant programs, proposals and reports. This could involve supporting staff to research needs of partners and staff, research opportunities, and draft the reports and proposals;
- Entering monitoring information which is received from partners and World Renew program officers onto the World Renew electronic data base;
- Assisting in organizing documents and other files which are stored and shared on google drive;
- Helping to prepare quarterly newsletters for constituents. This involves writing articles, taking and selecting photos, selecting and editing ‘stories of transformation’ which have been provided by partners and staff and continually coaching partners and staff in the preparation of effective stories of transformation;
- Assisting in the review and revision of a variety of documents that guide the work in the office including MOUs with various partners, Code of Conduct and procedure manuals;
- Making recommendations on the improvement of World Renew Cambodia’s web presence
- Helping the staff to prepare effective orientation information materials and booklets for visitors and volunteers. These may be print material or audio-visual;\
- Helping to host volunteers and visitors coming to World Renew, including preparing itineraries, booking accommodation and transport, providing briefings to the visitors and accompanying the visitors to see tourist attractions and World Renews work in communities.
- Superior written and verbal communication in English
- Good problem solver and decision maker
- Good analytic and conceptual skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn new things
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt in a context which is frequently changing
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ
Support Services Provided:
- orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers and local community,
- opportunity to help your church or supporting community link their mission and vision to work being done;
- Growth in your faith and relationship with God;
- Serve as an encouragement to Christians;
- Apply your current gifts and talents and discover some new ones;
- Develop a personal perspective on poverty, justice, missions and/or development work;
- Assist in educating and raising awareness within North America about the social/political situation in the country you served in.
Requirements of the Volunteer:
- Complete and submit a volunteer application form, resume/CV and Volunteer Profile
- Provide a current (within 2 years) criminal background check; including a vulnerable sector search.
- Raise prayer and financial support by inviting individuals, businesses and /or churches to give to this opportunity;
- Attend an orientation and training session in either Grand Rapids, MI or Burlington, ON
- Adhere to applicable policies and/or procedures.
Financial Obligations of the Volunteer:
The Volunteer is responsible for raising funds needed to cover expenses of:
- Travel to country
- Vaccinations, and prescription medication
- Medical and travel insurance
In country transportation
- Facilitation Support
TOTAL Estimated funds needed – will be determined by the costs of each country of placement.
Additional Costs – depending on each individual
- Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months beyond date of return flight)
- Communication (i.e. cell phone, internet)
- Tourist Trip - if so desired
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this volunteer opportunity contact a member of the Global Volunteer Program team at firstname.lastname@example.org.