Church Relations Associate
Do you have a heart for connecting with churches about ministry? If so, World Renew has an opportunity for you! World Renew has a full time parental leave (expected to be minimally 12 months, up to 18 months) opening for a Church Relations Associate on the Constituency Relations team, based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
Set up relevant programs in, provide support to, and initiate ideas in the Constituency Relations (CORE) team in Canada, including the Church Relations sub-team, in consultation with other staff including the associate director. The incumbent in this position works cooperatively with other CORE team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. CHURCH RELATIONS
- Collaborate in developing materials to showcase World Renew’s ministry to churches, including Ambassador and board delegate material, ensuring their distribution, and respond to specific requests or interests from churches, deacons, board members and Ambassadors
- Encourage and intensify the work of the World Renew delegates and Ambassadors, in collaboration with the Associate Director, Church Relations
- Assist with various mailings to churches as necessary
- Participate in developing the plans and objectives for engaging World Renew’s current and potential church constituency, to increase knowledge, involvement, prayer and financial support in its activities, in conjunction with Church Relations Canada staff
- Maintain and regularly report to Church Relations Canada staff, database information on deacons, Ambassadors, delegates, congregational financial data, connections and interactions
- Source, create and maintain a dynamic, national World Renew-related list of speakers, presenters and workshop leaders, assist with promoting presentations and providing speakers with the goal that every Canadian Christian Reformed Church receives regular presentations, on the work of World Renew
- Develop such reports as are necessary to provide the Church Relations team with important and timely data
- Research and book events and conferences in Canada both CRC and non-CRC, which World Renew staff can attend (for non-CRCNA awareness-raising) and at which to present workshops.
- Assist in searching out and making available print and on-line resources for delegates, Ambassadors and others
2. CHURCH RELATIONS (NON-CRC CHURCHES)
- Facilitate, in collaboration with the Communications sub-team, the engagement of non-CRC churches with parts or all of the work of World Renew, using as a base, the recommendations of the “Partnering with the Whole Church” ad hoc team
- Develop and articulate a clear strategy for engaging non-CRC churches, in collaboration with the associate director, church relations
- Help ensure the engagement grows inside each new congregation, and grows to more congregations sustainably, structurally and for the long term
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the articulated and implemented program, on a regular basis
3. CORE TEAM
- Be the informative and informed voice for telephone among other inquiries from constituents
- Organize display materials for staff presentations and special events
- Manage agency specialized mailing to stakeholders
- Maintain warehouse material in collaboration with other teams
- Facilitate and manage logistics for team meetings as necessary
- Assist team members in ensuring timely reports and develop and run as needed for World Renew staff i.e. International Disaster Response reports and so forth
- Create and update church relations PowerPoint presentations
4. Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the CRCNA
- Committed to Christ and able to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of God’s Kingdom
- Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Demonstrated written communication skills with a thorough knowledge of structure, grammar, punctuation and spelling in the English language
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Cooperative demeanour; flexible and adaptable team player
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style
- Well-developed organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize when faced with multiple tasks
- Well-developed computer skills, with an aptitude for learning new computer programs and running queries via a variety of databases to extract and/or analyse data
- A working knowledge of the CRCNA and particularly of World Renew is an asset
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
1. At least a bachelor’s degree
2. At least 2 years of office work experience in a church setting and specialized office technical environment is required, experience doing presentations to individuals and/or groups in order to grow commitment and/or loyalty is a definite asset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel within Southern Ontario and the USA for meetings, which may involve overnight stays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.