World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Church Relations Representative in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The role of the Church Relations Representative is to cultivate and nurture new relationships with churches and Christian schools resulting in increased offerings, gifts, volunteers, and partnerships with World Renew.
A detailed description is below. For consideration, complete an on-line application attaching a current cover letter and resume by Friday, April 5, 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase donations (offerings), volunteerism and partnership with churches and schools who have little to no engagement with World Renew
- Develop and implement a plan for identifying, recruiting and cultivating new churches and schools to partner with and support with World Renew
- Manage a portfolio of assigned churches, primarily those which are not Christian Reformed
- Reach targeted monthly, quarterly, and annual fundraising goals
- Research, recommend, and attend various conferences and events to increase exposure about the work of World Renew
- Assist in developing and/or editing materials (i.e. making them culturally relevant for churches who have no prior knowledge of World Renew) for various campaigns
- Travel up to 25% of the time to visit accounts and attend conferences
- Be an actively contributing member of the Church Relations sub-team, and provide insight in all interactions and meetings with the sub-team, the CORE Team, and World Renew generally
- Perform other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. .
- Ability to respect and support the vision, mission and values of the CRCNA, including the ability to articulate a reformed worldview that distinguishes World Renew's ministry
- Demonstrated commitment to provide a work environment that values diversity and equality as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Committed to working towards gender equality, equity and justice in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Ability to articulate a biblical world and life view and explain how World Renew carries this out by exemplifying enthusiasm for the ministry and encouraging the same in others
- Knowledge of various theological traditions and denominations and how they are structured
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: can express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing; able to listen with sensitivity
- Thorough knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills
- Demonstrated ability to creatively present and market a concept
- Familiarity with donor database software
- Flexible and adaptable team player; proven skills in collaborating with others
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- At least 4 years of office work experience in sales, customer service fundraising or in a church setting is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to attend conferences and visit churches primarily in the Michigan area, as well as attend occasional meetings and/or conferences in other parts of the United States and Canada is required.
- Occasional international travel may be required. Some lifting of display materials at events and conferences is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. This position will travel up to 25% of the time.