World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), is a nonprofit, international development and disaster response organization, with home offices in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, and Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA.
Key Contract Objective
To support and engage online learners in learning PLA principles and practices using a course that World Renew has developed that is a blend of self-directed activities, peer-learning and action-reflection in designing a PLA process. The Online Learning Facilitator will walk along-side one peer-group of 3 - 4 peers as they work through the course and provide backup to the main course facilitator, as needed. Time commitment ranges between 5-15 hours a week, for the duration of the course: September 9-November 25, 2019.
Primary Contract Areas
- Familiarize oneself with the flow and content of the course
- Promote engagement with the course content and activities, facilitating deeper learning and reflection
- Provide affirmative, corrective or instructive feedback on participant responses
- Facilitate peer-learning interactions, to promote further learning from each other
- Provide coaching and opportunities for action-reflection as participants design, develop and implement a PLA process for/with a community group. Online Course Facilitator Requirements
- Experienced practitioner of Participatory Learning for Action (or related methodologies such as Participatory Rural Appraisal)
- Skills in designing PLA in different cultural and social contexts for multiple different purposes given the aims of the community and its programming needs
- Ability to coach on PLA design and facilitate learning virtually through online interactions, verbally and in writing, real-time and asynchronously.
- Familiarity with Google Apps and VOIP applications such as Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
Please submit a letter of interest (quote), which includes your hourly rate, and your current CV/resume on or before August 26, 2019 to World Renew attention: Laura Snoeyink Musoke (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please also submit by email your answers to these questions:
- List the ways you’ve used PLA, with whom (community group, women, youth, etc), in which context (country, rural/urban, etc). Bullet pointed list is fine.
- In one or two paragraphs, describe a time when you used PLA to raise a community’s understanding of itself and its situation and to help them determine what they would do in response.
All three items: CV/Resume, quote/letter of interest and answers to these 2 questions need to be submitted at the same time.
Thank you! World Renew is not bound to accept any or all of the quotes received.