Pray with us!
Jesus made a profound statement when he said “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matthew 21:21-22)
At World Renew, we believe in the power of prayer and invite you to join in praying around the globe with World Renew. Below are prayer requests to help you pray with us for the spirit of God to move through World Renew's ministry.
- South Asia floods -Pray for those affected by flooding and our relief efforts in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- Rohingya refugee crisis - Pray for safety, food and shelter for the 600,000+ Rohingya people that have fled to Bangladesh from Myanmar. Pray for a solution to the crisis
- Laos - The new 5 year plan for our development work in Phongsaly
- Cambodia - Pray for stability and hope, with an anticipated national election scheduled for July 2018
- Honduras - Pray for a just conclusion for the November 2017 election; for a peaceful resolution to the conflicts and violence that have resulted
- Haiti - Thanksgiving for our partnership with the Christian Reformed Church of Haiti, carrying out literacy programs, village savings and loans, and theological leadership development
- Haiti - Give thanks for the completion of 392 houses and 311 latrines built so far out of 925 planned in response to Hurricane Matthew
- Tanzania - Pray for wisdom and discretion as the Tanzania team carries out long range planning this January.
- South Sudan - Thanksgiving for the emergency response support for South Sudanese refugees in Bidibidi. Pray for restoration of peace in South Sudan.
- Ethiopia - We are grateful that a project for orphans to receive food and nutrition has received approval and funding for two years.
- Give thanks for a good rainy season in many areas, providing hope for crop growth.
- Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria survivors in Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin islands and World Renew’s response to the devastation.
- Prayer for new Canadian churches to rise up as refugee sponsors.
- Pray for generous giving to our upcoming campaigns – Operation Ruby Slipper, Canadian Foodgrains Bank Sunday (March 4), Disaster Response Services Sunday (March 4) and Refugee Sunday (April 22).
- Pray for health, safety and wisdom for World Renew staff and partners.
- Pray for each program participant to be impacted by the love of Jesus.
- Give thanks for the generous support World Renew receives to empower the poor in the name of Jesus. Pray for new sources of income to open up as a few of our grants come to a close.
- Pray for the global church to continue to glorify God in the midst of persecution, discrimination and injustice.