Sign Up to Volunteer
- New volunteers: please click here to fill out and submit this Volunteer Application. Our Volunteer Program Manager will contact you to talk about next steps. You may also print off the application, fill it out, and mail it to World Renew DRS, 400 76th Street Suite 17, Byron Center MI 49315.
- If you have any questions or have already submitted your application, simply contact Diana at 800-848-5818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to Volunteer
A full-length assignment is three weeks. You may, however, choose to volunteer for one or two weeks. See 'Cost' below for reimbursement details.
- Oct 5 - Oct 26
- Oct 26 - Nov 16
- Nov 16 - Dec 7
Roles to Fill/Skills Needed
- Construction crew: Work will range from minor repairs to complete new builds and all home repair and reconstruction work in between. Those with home repair/reconstruction experience and helpers are needed. The World Renew DRS Volunteer Manager puts each team together with a balance of skill sets.
- Cook crew: A team of three cooks plan and prepare three meals a day for 18-25 people, Monday – Friday. Those with experience in preparing meals for groups as well as those willing to work in the kitchen are needed.
You will work with 18-25 other adults from across North America. Each team has a World Renew DRS on-site manager who manages the day to day operations of the team and a World Renew DRS a construction supervisor who manages the work projects.
Tools and Materials
World Renew DRS provides fully equipped tool trailers. Materials are provided by the local recovery group with whom we partner at each location.
18 years of age and up
Housing is at a church. Bedrooms are provided for spouses. Individuals of the same gender may share rooms. Linens and towels are provided. There are common areas to spend your free time.
here are several hook-ups available for volunteers who are able to travel to the site with their own RV. This must be communicated to and approved by the World Renew DRS volunteer program manager in advance.
Meals are prepared by a team of volunteer cooks. Your team will eat breakfast and dinner together, Monday through Friday.
- Accommodations: Provided
- Meals: Provided Monday - Friday
- Travel is as follows, within the US and Canada only:
-September through May: If you volunteer for the full three-week assignment, you are reimbursed for most of your travel to and from the site. If you volunteer for two weeks, you are reimbursed for one way to the site. If you volunteer for one week, travel costs are your responsibility.
Project Managers: Doug and Pat Guikema
Reconstruction partner organization: