At the same time, our staff and partners work towards change at the deepest human level – at the level of a community’s vision, values, habits and worldview. This kind of change, though not always visible on the surface, is what is needed to sustain the progress they have made and help them truly flourish as God’s handiwork.
In such communities:
- People gather to shape their future together
- People work together on community projects that improve the quality of life of all members of the community
- Everyone’s gifts and talents are welcomed and put to use
- Leaders are identified, developed, and affirmed
- On-going learning leads to awareness, understanding, and improved lives
- Justice prevails and laws protect
- Civic life is active
- Mercy is generous and flowing
- Christians work alongside other members of the community to achieve change, instilling all they do with biblical values and faith
This is the heart of World Renew’s community development work.
It takes time and patience.
It takes partners, staff, and local Christians who themselves have been transformed.
It requires your prayer and support.