Almost 2 months ago, our World Renew Guatemala staff traveled with a Canadian short-term mission team made up of high school students from across Ontario to San Martin, where we were enthusiastically welcomed by communities
This mostly teenaged mission team was visiting our country for the first time, so as a staff we were very excited to introduce them to World Renews’ work in Guatemala. During the week our visitors had the opportunity to hear about the community’s changes and challenges as we spent time with men, women, children, and community leaders.
The team spent full days in the communities, including home visits, and they shared that this time with families was truly life-changing. They had also the chance to do activities with children in schools and were excited to see how the language barrier could be broken with just facial expressions. They were thrilled when, during a bracelet-making activity planned for the children, women of the community joined in too. Listening and letting the community’s stories shape us and our visitors changes our lives for the better.
In addition to this relationship building, teams also helped to build part of a clinic and support a water project. World Renew counts hosting short-term teams as an important part of our work here. The life-changing that happened for our visitors happens for staff and community members as well, as we are empowered to be ambassadors of God’s work here in the community of San Martin. Choosing to let our lives be part of God’s plans is the best way to share His love with others.
“May your unfailing love be with us, Lord, even as we put our hope in you.” Psalms 33:22
Guatemala prayer requests
- Please pray for security for all the people involved in the work of World Renew Guatemala
- Pray for wisdom, health, and patience for the directors of our partner agencies as they manage programs in communities seeking transformation.
- Pray for the churches where World Renew Guatemala works, that they will understand their responsibility as Christ-followers and take action in the development of their communities.
- Pray for the beneficiaries of our programs, that God will continue establishing His kingdom in their communities through the work of World Renew.
- Pray for the short-term mission teams that have visited Guatemala in 2019, that the Spirit of the Lord may guide everyone in their churches.
- Pray for the projects taking place in the communities where our partners are working.