For South Carolina resident Renee and her uncle Harold, the support received from World Renew Disaster Response Services (DRS) volunteer groups working on their home has been life-changing. Their home was damaged during flooding after Hurricane Joaquin in 2015 for nearly two and a half years they have had to live in unstable conditions.
The work World Renew volunteers have done on their home has made an impact on their faith and outlook on their future. “The team has prayed with us, and we’ve shared personal stories. My uncle and I feel privileged to have met such amazing people,” said Renee.
World Renew Disaster Response Services (DRS) serves disaster survivors with God’s love and grace. We work together with you, combining gifts, prayers, and financial support to make a difference for those who are rebuilding their lives and community.
You can continue to make a major impact in the name of Christ. Will you consider giving generously on World Renew DRS Sunday to support disaster survivors across North America?
Your gift makes it possible for people who have experienced a disaster to encounter God’s grace, get the recovery support they need, and see their homes restored.
In 2019, we invite your church to hold a DRS Sunday.
- collecting an offering for World Renew – DRS Sunday
- showing the Serving in God’s Grace video (click here to download from Vimeo)
- using the FREE materials: PowerPoint Slide | Litany | Visit worldrenew.net/order to order the following: Bulletin Cover | Bulletin Insert | Poster
- sharing volunteer opportunities with your church
Where do we send our offering?
Your gift designated to World Renew DRS can be made online at the Donate link below, by mailing a check, or calling as follows:
- US: 1700 28th Street SE • Grand Rapids MI 49508-1407 • 1-800-552-7972
- Canada: 3475 Mainway • PO Box 5070 STN LCD1 • Burlington ON L7R 3Y8 • 1-800-730-3490
When should we do DRS Sunday?
March 3, 2019, is the suggested date in the United States. If that date does not work for your church, please schedule any Sunday this year that fits your schedule.
Are there special ways DRS volunteers can be a part of DRS Sunday?
- Wear your green shirt to church that Sunday
- Decorate a bulletin board with photos from your DRS trip(s)
- Request DRS brochures from firstname.lastname@example.org to display at church
- Ask for a “Moment for Missions” during a worship service or adult education time to share about your volunteer experience
- Collect an offering at church. Be sure it is marked “DRS Sunday” when sending it to World Renew
ANY Sunday in 2019 will do!
I still have questions or want to learn more. Where do I go or who do I contact?
Visit worldrenew.net/drs to learn more about the ministry and getting involved. Feel free to contact the World Renew DRS office by calling 800-848-5818 or emailing email@example.com. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
How does our financial offering make a difference?
Consider the elderly couple who does not have the physical or financial means to repair their home on their own. Or the struggling single parent working two jobs just to make ends meet, while the children live with a leaky roof, moldy walls, and rotting floors—all results from fire or storm damage.
This is who your offering to World Renew DRS will support.
Many disaster survivors wait months or years to get the help they truly need to recover from a flood, fire, hurricane, or tornado. And it’s usually individuals and families with some sort of limitation who are left feeling forgotten, carrying a heavy burden of work they just simply can’t do on their own.
Your financial gifts train, support, and send 2,300+ Christian volunteers each year into the homes and neighborhoods of those who have lost so much to a disaster. These volunteers not only provide tangible services such as painting and repairing floors, but also build relationships and pray with survivors, sharing the hope and love of Christ.
Church offerings to World Renew DRS ensure that together we can respond to all types and sizes of disasters, from a massive hurricane to a localized flood or fire. Visit worldrenew.net/drs to learn about where and how World Renew DRS responds in the love of Christ.