Clean up is an important step; the first step. With over 40 years of experience, World Renew DRS provides services to communities through all stages of recovery. Beginning in the early stages with clean up, to ensuring justice for those with needs by making sure the vulnerable are identified, to capacity building of the local community, as well as home repair and reconstruction months and years after disasters strike.
World Renew DRS is responding to the following Spring/Summer Storms of 2014. Sign up for the World Renew eNews (top right) to be alerted to updates and needs.
See all of the Spring/Summer Storms 2014 stories here (filter by "DRS").
- Oso, WA experienced a massive mudslide in March. /more
- Widespread tornadoes and storms tore through the United States, from Nebraska to North Carolina, Arkansas to Florida, and more. /more
- World Renew DRS sent rapid response clean up teams to areas of West Michigan to help families muck out flooded homes. /more
- World Renew provided rapid response services immediately following the April 2014 tornado in Washington, North Carolina and opened 'mini' reconstruction sites there in the fall of 2014 and 2015.
- Flooding in Iowa and Minnesota had a World Renew DRS rapid response team, joined by local volunteers, busy mucking out flooded homes and providing needed mold remediation services. World Renew DRS has been active in tornado affected Nebraska and flooded areas of Florida. /more
- Areas of South Dakota experienced flooding and a tornado. World Renew DRS construction estimators were sent to survey damaged homes and provide two communities and an estimate of the reconstruction costs.
- Early response coordinators, rapid response teams, and unmet needs assessments were conducted in West Michigan as a response to the July Tornado. /more
- Tweed, Ontario experienced flooding in July; World Renew DRS is working with homeowners in need of rebuilding.
If you’d like to become a volunteer with World Renew DRS, visit worldrenew.net/drs to get started!